Tikka masala is one of the most popular Indian dish. Patak's Tikka Masala Spice paste is based on an authentic recipe which makes use of a blend of aromatic spices, turmeric, paprika, and coriander. It features a combined flavour of 13 spices along with a deep, and rich essence of oil.
- Brand: Patak's
- Size: 300g
- Country: India
- Allergens: Mustard, may contain Peanuts and Nuts.
Nutrition (Per 100g)
Water, Ground Spices (20%) [Turmeric (5%), Paprika (4%), Cumin, Coriander (3.5%), Spices], Rapeseed Oil (19%), Salt, Maize Flour, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Tamarind, Garlic Powder, Dried Fenugreek Leaf, Cumin Seed, Paprika Extract, Dried Coriander Leaf, MUSTARD powder.
Recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala
1. In a pan, heat 3 tbsp of oil, add 1 medium diced onion, and fry until soft. (Optionally add 1 tsp of cumin seeds prior to adding onion, for the typical Indian taste)
2. Add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and 1/2 a jar of Patak's Tikka Masala spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml of water, cook until the water has evaporated.
3. Add 500g diced chicken, cook until sealed. Add 200g chopped tomatoes and 150ml water, simmer uncovered until the chicken is cooked (approx. 15 minutes).
4. Add 150ml double cream and 1 tsp sugar, cook for 4 minutes, season to taste, garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with rice and naan."