Indian Korma is originated in the Mughlai tradition. Patak's Korma Spice Paste is a delicious, and very popular dish. This Korma paste is an aromatic mixture of 11 spices with a touch of oil and coconut, just in the traditional style. This product completely captures the authentic Korma flavour and essence. A delicate blend of coconut with authentic spices, it makes a dish that is mild & rich, aromatic & flavoursome.
- Brand: Patak's
- Size: 290g
- Country: India
- Allergens: Mustard, may contain Peanuts and Nuts.
Nutrition (Per 100g)
Water, Ground Spices (12%) [Coriander (4%), Turmeric, Spices, Paprika, Cumin, Fenugreek], Rapeseed Oil (11%), Sugar, Concentrated Tomato Purée (5%), Salt, Maize Flour, Ginger Purée, Garlic Purée, Desiccated Coconut (3%), Acid (Acetic Acid), Dried Onion, MUSTARD Powder, Dried Coriander Leaf
Chicken Korma Recipe:
- Take 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, heat up, and add 1 medium diced onion, fry until soft.
- Add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, and 1/2 a jar of Patak's Korma spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 50ml of water, cook until the water has evaporated. Add 500g diced chicken, cook until sealed.
- Add 1 can / 400ml coconut milk, 50ml double cream and 1 tsp sugar; simmer uncovered until the chicken is cooked (approx. 15 minutes).
- Season to taste, garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with rice and naan.
Note: For a thicker indulgent Korma, try adding 50g of creamed coconut with the double cream.