Originated in Persia, the unique lamb dish recipe Rogan Josh is now an essential part of the Indian state Kashmir's traditional cuisine. Patak's Rogan Josh Spice Paste is a spicy and aromatic combination of spices, paprika, fennel & black pepper. This is, in fact a blend of 12 spices captured in oil for a deep, rich, authentic flavour.
- Brand: Patak's
- Size: 283g
- Country: India
- Allergens: It may contain Peanuts and Nuts.
Nutrition (Per 100g)
Water, Ground Spices (24%) [Paprika (6%), Coriander, Turmeric, Cumin, Spices, Fennel (1%), Black Pepper (1%)], Rapeseed Oil (19%), Salt, Maize Flour, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Tamarind, Garlic Powder.
Rogan Josh Lamb Recipe:
- Gently fry onions in oil in a medium-sized pan until it turns golden.
- Stir in Patak's Rogan Josh Curry Paste, add lamb and fry until sealed.
- Add tomatoes and water, mix well and cover pan.
- Simmer on a low heat for 45mins until the lamb is cooked.
You can optionally garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves.
The recipe can also be used with chicken, beef, fish or vegetables, in place of lamb.