Patak's Kashmiri Masala Spice Paste is a combination of 5 spices blended to prepare the delicious and well-renowned Kashmiri masala dish. It makes use of aromatic spices including coriander, chilli, and ginger in its preparation along with a deep and rich flavour of cooking oil. This product is free of artificial flavours and colours and is suitable for vegetarians.
- Brand: Patak's
- Size: 295g
- Country: India
- Allergens: It may contain Mustard, Peanuts and Nuts.
Nutrition (Per 100g)
Water, Ground Spices (30%) [Paprika, Coriander (9%), Chilli (4%), Cumin, Ginger (1%)], Rapeseed Oil (17%), Salt, Acids (Acetic Acid), Garlic Powder.
Kashmiri Yoghurt Lamb Recipe:
- Stir-fry finely chopped onion in 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, until the onions become soft.
- Add 3 tsp finely chopped ginger and half a jar of Patak's Kashmiri Masala Spice Paste, cook for 1-2 mins, add 50ml water and cook until water has evaporated.
- add 500g diced lamb, cook until sealed, add 150ml water, cover and simmer until tender.
- Whisk together 1 tbsp plain flour, 1/2 tsp sugar and 200g set yoghurt, until smooth.
- Remove pan from flames, allow to cool for 5mins then stir in yoghurt mix and return to heat, simmer 1-2 mins to thicken, add seasoning to taste, serve with rice and naan.