Homemade Hot Pot Soup Base (Clear Soup & Spicy Soup Flavour)
Serves 4 ppl
Clear Soup Ingredients
Clear Soup Method
- Step 1: Chop the tomato into halves. Slice the Ginger and chop the Scallion, Carrots & Celery into cubes.
- Step 2: Bring 1Litre of cold water to boil. Put the Chicken Pieces and the Pork Bones in. Turn to medium low heat and cook for 5 Minutes. Then, rinse and wash the Chicken Pieces & Pork Bones with the 1 litre of warm water.
- Step 3: Bring another pot of 1Litre water to boil. Put the washed Chicken Pieces & Pork Bones back into the pot. Add the Tomatoes, Ginger, Scallion, Carrots, and Celery into the pot. Add the salt to give some flavour.
- Step 4: Bring the pot to boil and then turn to medium low heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Step 5: The Clear Soup is ready for the hotpot.
Spicy Soup Ingredients
- Dried Chillies – 15g
- Sichuan Peppercorn – 10g
- Fennel Seed – 5g
- Star Anise – 3pcs
- Cassia Bark (Cinnamon Stick) – half piece
- Garlic – 1 clove (Sliced into thin pieces)
- Ginger – 20g (Sliced into thin pieces)
- Chilli Bean Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Groundnut Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Clear Soup Base – 1 portion as per recipe above
Spicy Soup Base Method
- Step 1: Prepare a wok, heat the Groundnut Oil on medium high heat. Stir-fry the Ginger & Garlic for 1 minute. Add in the Chilli Bean Sauce and stir fry until fragrant. Add the rest of the spices in.
- Step 2: Pour the Clear Soup Base into the Wok. Turn the heat to medium low and simmer for 45 minutes until fragrant. It’s ready to serve.