Serves 4 ppl
- Step 1: off the skin from the chicken. Set aside.
- Step 2: Make a marinade by mixing the Tandoori Masala, ginger and garlic paste and yogurt in a deep bowl. Add salt and chilli powder if you wish your tandoori dish to be spicier. Mix them well to make a smooth marinade.
- Step 3: Using a blunt knife make shallow diagonal cuts on the chicken pieces and add them to the marinade mix. Smear chicken pieces with the marinade. Take extra care to stuff the cuts with the marinade. Cover the entire bowl using a zip lock bag and seal. Marinate in a refrigerator for 12 to 18 hours. (Longer is better, but not longer than 2 days. Minimum marinating time: 2 hours).
- Step 4: Preheat the grill to medium. Put the chicken pieces on a baking tray and grill them on both sides. Use the vegetable oil to brush on each side of the chicken pieces at equal intervals. Continue grilling until the chicken is cooked thoroughly or until they are brownish in colour and the corners of chicken pieces are slightly charred.
- Step 5: Serve the hot grilled tandoori chicken on a platter with lemon wedges, onion slices and mayonnaise. Also use it as a side dish to roti, naan bread and rice.