Patak's Hot Curry Spice Paste is a special mix made for people who like added pungency in their curry recipes. The traditional Indian spice ingredients added in this exotic mix make it an extra spicy curry paste. This product is convenient to use for home cooking and is ideal to use in meat/vegetable curry dishes.
- Brand: Patak's
- Size: 283g
- Country: India
- Allergens: Mustard, may contain Peanuts and Nuts.
Nutrition (Per 100g)
Water, Ground Spices (22%) [Coriander, Cumin (2%), Paprika (5%), Turmeric, Chilli (1.5%), Ginger, Spices, Fenugreek], Rapeseed Oil (19%), Salt, Maize Flour, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Tamarind, Mustard Powder, Garlic Powder
Hot Chicken Curry Recipe
1. Heat up a tablespoonful of oil in a pan and add 1 medium diced onion, fry until soft.
2. Add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and 1/2 a jar of Patak's Hot Curry spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml of water, cook until the water has evaporated.
3. Add 500g diced chicken, cook until sealed. Add 200g chopped tomatoes and 100ml water, simmer uncovered until the chicken is cooked (approx. 15 minutes).
4. Add 50ml double cream and 25g butter, cook for 2-3 minutes, season to taste, garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with rice and naan.
Note: Alternatively, you may ass 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds in hot oil in Step 1, before adding the onion dices.