Biryani is a spicy and delicious mixed rice dish of South Asian origin. Biryani comes in different varieties. Patak's Oven Bake Biryani Sauce is a tasty blend of tomatoes, peppers, coriander leaf and crushed chilli with medium-rated chilli flavour. It comes with no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives, and it is absolutely gluten-free.
- Brand: Patak's
- Size: 283g
- Country: India
- Allergens: It may contain Mustard, Peanuts and Nuts.
Nutrition (Per 100g)
Water, Tomato (15%), Onion, Red & Green Peppers (6%), Rapeseed Oil, Ground Spices [Coriander (1.5%), Spices, Cumin], Sugar, Concentrated Tomato Purée (1.5%), Modified Maize Starch, Garlic Purée, Ginger Purée, Salt, Acids (Lactic Acid, Acetic Acid), Concentrated Lemon Juice, Cracked Black Pepper, Dried Coriander Leaf, Cracked Coriander Seed, Dried Crushed Red Chilli, Paprika Extract.
Chicken Biryani Recipe:
1. Stir-fry 3 thinly sliced chicken breasts with 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add: 200g uncooked basmati rice, 250g vegetables (diced onion, red & green peppers sliced, optional), 5 tbsp water & 1 jar of Biryani Sauce to the saucepan.
4. Cook until the water is boiled.
5. Pour the contents into an ovenproof dish, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook in a pre-heated oven for 40 mins or until the rice is tender. Stir before serving.
(Note:Preheat oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C / gas mark 6.)