Ground white pepper a bit
Corn starch 1tbsp
Dark soy sauce 3tbsp
Beef brisket, cut in cubes 500g
Rock sugar 1tbsp
Chestnuts, peeled 200g
Quail eggs, cooked 10pcs
Carrot, sliced 1pc
Button mushrooms, sliced 8pcs
Leek, cut into sections 1pc
Korean pear, mashed 1pc
1. Soak the beef brisket in room temperature water for 30 minutes.
2. Pat the beef brisket dry. Marinate with beer, sugar, white pepper and corn starch for 1 hour.
3. In a pan, add some oil on medium heat. Add beef brisket and sear until fragrant.
4. Add chestnuts, quail eggs, garlic, Korean pear mash, dark soy sauce, rock sugar, white pepper and bring it to boil. Cover the lid, reduce to medium low heat and braise for 40 minutes.
5. Open the lid. Add carrot, button mushrooms and leek. Cover the lid and cook for 5-8 minutes. Ready to serve.